stratification of patients with carotid artery disease”]
TAXINOMISIS is a European Commission funded research project which aims to develop a new approach for the stratification of carotid artery disease patients.
TAXINOMISIS takes bold step beyond the state of the art unwinding the pathobiology underlying symptomatic plaques, discriminating distinct disease mechanism-driven states and biomarkers, and developing a multiscale risk stratification model.
TAXINOMISIS will deliver, as a main outcome, a software platform, which can perform the risk stratification.
- Investigate the causal relationship of the major pathways and factors identified in symptomatic carotid artery disease
- Study disease phenotypes and disintegrate them into endotypes according to specific pathobiological mechanisms
- Integrate a computational model and an agent based model of plaque progression in the risk stratification tool
- Perform a test for determining the presence of single Nucleotide Polymorphisms and predicting drug response
- Evaluate the risk model of carotid artery disease stratification in an observational multicentre clinical study
- Present a cost-effectiveness analysis